For the pictures please stop or click on the name of the sightes that you're interested

Erebuni fortress -This fortress was built on the hill Arin Berd in Yerevan. It's the first largest Urartian military centre. According to the inscription, Yerevan used to be called Erebuni. In 1968 on 2750th anniversary of Yerevan foundation Erebuni museum was built on the foot of the citadel.

Hrazdan Canyon -This is a admirable place. This used to be the settlement of our ancestors. Armenian fauna and flora is really rich. Here are a number of fertile tress. The slash of Hrazdanriver, the magic of nature, the sweet smell of flowers make the idea as if you are in wonderland. Here are a lot of Armenian national restaurants. This is lovely place for picnics, swimming, fishing.

Grigor the Illuminator church of Yerevan -This church is the modest church of Armenia built in 2001 devoted to the proclamation of 1700th anniversary of the Christianity.

Republic Square -is currently one of the most awesome places in Yerevan. Due to its most central location the Republic Square in not only intersected by the main streets of Yerevan but is also one place every tourist visiting Armenia at least once appears to visit.Of special interest are the singing and dancing fountains. The list of the songs they perform is not limited only to Armenian songs but to foreign as well.If looked from above the oval shaped square with its stone pattern in the center resembles a traditional Armenian rug. The square is surrounded bysevenmajorbuildings:

  • The National Gallery and the History Museum building (north)- The National Gallery contains over 25,000 painting samples of Armenian, Russian and European artists. The History Museum of Armenia includes over 400,000 items and pieces of Armenian heritage.
  • The Ministry of Territorial Administration (north-east).
  • The Government House (north-east)- It holds the main offices of the Government of Armenia. To design the Government House Tamanyan studied ancient Armenian architecture. And he did a great job having created a national work of art bearing the influence of subsequent Armenian town planning.
  • The Central post-office of the Republic of Armenia (south-east)- Offers telegraph, long-distance phone calls, money exchange, postcards for purchase, sending and receiving packages.
  • The "Mariott Armenia" hotel (south-west)- Armenia Marriott Hotel is currently the only internationally managed hotel in Yerevan.
  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (north-west).
  • The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (north-west).
The buildings are mainly made of Armenian rose tufa. as you enter the square, the large clock placed on the Government building captures attention. It was made in Moscow and brought to Yerevan in July 1941. It comes at the diameter of 4 meters (around 13 feet). The big hand 188

Matendaran -This is the research institute of old manuscripts named after MesropMashtots. In number and value of manuscripts this establishment is considered one of the world's oldest and richest treasure-troves. Enormous heritage of Armenian culture is stocked here. Here are more then 13.000 hand-written books and fragments, a large number of unique manuscripts in different languages. Here are the biggest and the smallest books.

Opera House -Armenian National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet after Alexander Spendiaryanin Yerevan was officially opened on 20 January 1933, with Alexander Spendiaryan's Almast opera performance. The opera building was designed by the Armenian architect Alexander Tamanian. It consists of two concert halls: the Aram Khatchaturian concert hall with 1,400 seats and the Alexander Spendiaryan Opera and Ballet National Theatre with 1,200 seats.

Kaskad -The Cascade is a giant stairway in Yerevan, Armenia. It links the downtown Kentron area of Yerevan with the Monument neighborhood. The construction of the cascade designed by architects Jim Torosyan, AslanMkhitaryan, SargisGurzadyan was launched in 1971 and completed in 1980.Inside the Cascade, underneath the exterior steps are a couple of escalators going the length of the complex. There are also rooms connected to some of the landings along the escalators which compose the Cafesjian Museum of Art.The exterior of cascade, in addition to stairs has multiple levels with fountains and sculptures. The stairs afford walkers unobstructed views of central Yerevan and Mount Ararat.

Genocide complex -This complex is devoted to the 50th anniversary of Turkish genocide against the Armenians. In 1915 Turkish government brought terrible tragedy for the Armenians. More then 2 million Armenians were killed. Every year on April 24 (the day when 800 intellectuals were killed) all the Armenian from different spots of the world visit this complex to give tribute to the victims. Here is a museum where you can see all the documentations, facts, pictures concerning this terrific massacre.

Persian Mosque -The Blue Mosque is an 18th-century Shia mosque inYerevan, Armenia. During the Soviet era, the mosque stopped its services and housed the History Museum of Yerevan. Following Armenia's independence, the mosque was renovated with the support from the Iranian government and again started acting as a mosque, mostly for Iranians residing in the country. It is currently the onlyactivemosqueinArmenia

Saint Sargis church -This church is devoted to Saint Sargis, who was the sponsor of the Youth for the Armenians and every year in winter Armenians celebrate SainSargis holiday. Standing against the upper part of the village of Dzoragyugh, and facing the old Erivan Fortress on the left bank of the River Hrazdan, a hermitage-monastery was functioning since the earliest Christian era. This spacious complex, surrounded by a high, fortified wall, was made up of the churches of Saints Sarkis, Gevork and Hakob churches, of the buildings of the patriarchal offices and school, of an orchard and of other buildings. Saint Sarkis Church was the official seat of the Patriarch, whereas the monastery was the patriarchal inn for the guests. Saint Sarkis Church, with the hermitage-monastery, was destroyed by the large earthquake of 1679 but was rebuilt on the same site during the rule of EdesatsiNahabetCatholicos (1691-1705).However, the current building of the church was constructed between 1835-42

Victory Park -Haghtanak Zbosaygi (Victory Park) is a big park located at the top of Cascade in Yerevan. The park is named Victory Park in commemoration of Soviet Armenia's participation in the second World War. The park is a large forested area with an artificial lake, an amusement park, cafes, the MayrHayastan statue and museum, and sweeping views of central Yerevan.Mother Armenia is the female personification of Armenia. Her most visual rendering is a monumental statue in Victory Park overlooking the capital city of Yerevan, Armenia.The Mother Armenia statue symbolises peace through strength. It can remind viewers of some of the prominent female figures in Armenian history, such as SosehMayrik and others, who took up arms to help their husbands in their clashes with Turkish troops and Kurdish irregulars.It also recalls the important status and value attributed to the older female members of an Armenian family.Its strategic location of being on a hill overlooking Yerevan makes it look like she is the guardian of the Armenian capital. Each May 9, thousands walk past the statue of Mother Armenia to commemorate Armenias war dead.

Vernisage souviner market -One of the most crowded places in Yerevan despite the season and weather isVernissage, which goes live on every Saturday and Sunday, no matter it's hot outside, cold or heavily raining. It's an open air market where the best and most impressive souvenirs are offered. Throughout the years it has turned into one of the most significant elements of Yerevan's cultural life.The Arts and Crafts Vernissage seems to be divided into two parts, the one part where arts and crafts prevail, and the other one, where more technical things, like different metals and fasteners can be found. The latter is visited by people, whose TV, for example, has broken down, and they need a certain piece. This part, particularly, carries the Soviet Union era breath, and you will hardly see a young man selling those things.

Megerian carpet hall -Megerian carpet company in Yerevan has a spectacular showroom where visitors from foreign countries as well as local residents can make their purchases. Visitors and guests are welcome to watch the production of the rugs which involve dyeing of the yarns by using vegetable dyes, weaving, shearing, finishing, etc

Ararat Cognac Factory -Ararat Cognac Factoryhas more than 119 years of history of wine, cognac and cognac spirits manufacture. In 50's of 20-th century it was one of the leading companies of cognac spirits manufacture and storage in Armenia. The whole production cycle of cognac,wine and strong spirits is produced by classic technology, from receving grape to bottling. Grape for spirits is mainly cultivated in factory own vineyards and is only partially bought.The factory has its own vineyards with an area of 255 hectares, rigged with modern europeanequipments, traditional technologies and strict quality control - owing to these factors Ararat Cognac Factory "A.K.Z" has become popular in many countries of the world. The cognacs of Ararat Cognac Factory have been awarded gold medals in many international winemakers competitions in England, Russia, etc.The Ararat Cognac Factory "A.K.Z." Ltd. The large supply of cognac spirits, which is storage in the factory, can truly be called "The Gold fund" of the factory. has more than 115 years of history of wines, cognac and cognac spirits manufacturing. In the 50's of the 20th century it was one of the major companies in Armenia for production and storage of cognac spirits. The cognac in the factory is produced by classic technology of various aged spirits.

North Avenue -Northern Avenue is a pedestrian avenue in Yerevan, Armenia, opened in 2007. It is located in the central Kentron district and links AbovyanStreet (Republic Square) with Freedom Square( in front of Opera House) on Tumanyan street. It has a length of 450 metres (1,480 ft) and a width of 27 metres (89 ft).Located in downtown Yerevan, the avenue is mainly home to luxurious residential buildings, high-end branded shops, commercial offices, coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs. The construction of the avenue started on 26 March 2002, based on the original plan of Alexander Tamanian. The Northern Avenue is home to a number of fashion brands